Those following a strict keto diet often assume that they have to give up sweet treats and desserts altogether. For the longest time, this notion rang true for keto followers as they’d be hard-pressed to find sweet keto recipes that contained keto-friendly sweeteners.
However, this is not the case anymore. Several brands now offer sweeteners that can be used by those preparing keto meals. These keto sweeteners complement your keto diet perfectly to provide you with delicious meals or treats that don’t get you out of ketosis.
In today’s article, I’ll review some of the best keto sweeteners I could find, along with the pros and cons of each. Make sure you read through each of these carefully before deciding to click that buy button on Amazon.
Product Reviews: Best Keto Sweetener For Cooking
We shall now review 6 of the best keto sweeteners we could find online that will complement your keto diet perfectly.
Erythrolite – Natural Erythritol Sweetener
This sugar substitute is a natural sweetener that contains 100% Erythritol. This sweetener is not only ideal for those following a keto diet, it’s perfect for diabetics as well. You can use Erythrolite for baking as it’s nearly 70% as sweet as sugar.
Therefore, you can use pretty much the same amount of this sweetener as you do for sugar while cooking. Most keto recipes will require that you use the same amount of Erythrolite as sugar. You can even use this sweetener for cooking and whipping some delicious desserts or breakfast dishes.
This natural formula contains zero carbs and calories, which is why it’s favored by those following a variety of healthy lifestyles, not just keto. The fact that it is heat-stable is why it’s favored among scores of cooking enthusiasts.
This keto sweetener is available in granular form, which makes it easier to use for a variety of keto recipes. You’ll find that this sweetener dissolves just as easily as sugar does, making it the ideal sugar substitute.
- It doesn’t contain any carbs or calories
- The formula is all-natural
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re unhappy with the product
- It helps users control their blood sugar levels
- It’s perfect for those suffering from diabetes
- It has a subtle aftertaste that may not appeal to everyone
- It’s not as sweet as some other keto sweeteners
Pyure Organic Stevia Sweetener
This granular stevia keto sweetener is free from gluten, carbohydrates, and calories. This is, in essence, an all-purpose sweetener, that can be used for cooking, baking, and to sweeten beverages, etc. Therefore, it’s ideal for those wishing to try out new keto recipes.
You can use this sweetener as a viable substitute for sugar and won’t notice much of a difference in taste. Unlike many other keto sweeteners available today, Pyure uses a high proportion of organic stevia. In other words, it’s about twice as sweet as regular sugar.
This is one of the many reasons this brand is highly-favored by those following a keto diet. You’ll find yourself able to bake cakes and more without having to compromise on the sweetness and taste with this sweetener.
You’ll find it even dissolves reasonably well to mix into your morning cup of coffee, tea, or juice. Since it has a glycemic index of zero, it can be used to complement a variety of sugar-free lifestyles, not just keto. This formula also contains erythritol, which is one of the best natural sweeteners available for keto meals.
- It’s sweeter than sugar and therefore can be used in smaller quantities
- It’s non-GMO and all the ingredients used are certified as organic
- It doesn’t leave behind an unusual aftertaste, unlike other keto sweeteners
- It’s a versatile sweetener that can be used for a variety of purposes in the kitchen
- It dissolves just like regular sugar
- It is not 100% organic and does contain some artificial ingredients
Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
This non-glycemic sweetener is one of the best and most popular sugar substitutes among keto diet followers. It follows a 1:1 ratio for sugar substitution, which makes it easy for most people to use in a variety of keto meals.
This keto sweetener essentially combines the best features of erythritol and monk fruit. A unique combination of these two ingredients used in the right proportion can replicate the taste of sugar fairly well. Therefore, you can use it for both cooking and baking a variety of keto meals.
This is not just a sugar substitute – it’s essentially a brown sugar substitute. Those who prefer brown sugar over sugar, they’ll find this an ideal addition to keto-friendly foods. Moreover, it’s an all-natural formula that’s very unlikely to cause any side-effects even among first-time users.
Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener does not contain any artificial flavoring, maltodextrin, or fiber.
- It’s perfect for those following keto, paleo, carb-free, vegan, or non-GMO diets
- It doesn’t contain any artificial flavoring or synthetic additives
- It’s able to cater to a variety of keto-friendly recipes
- It’s just as sweet as sugar, making it an ideal substitute
- It is to be used in the same proportion as sugar, which makes it easier to use
- It has a slightly sour aftertaste
- It’s quite pricey
Nutricost Allulose Sweetener
Extracted from dried fruits, this keto-friendly sweetener can be used to whip up a variety of sweet keto meals. It’s perfect for baking as its granules are not as large as sugar. Therefore, it can be used for frosting baked keto treats.
This keto sweetener does not contain any carbs or calories; instead, it contains 100% pure allulose – a viable and effective sugar alternative. It’s also completely free from gluten and GMO and is ideal for those following kosher as well.
This sweetener has been tested independently to prove its safety and efficacy.
- It tastes more similar to sugar than most other keto sweeteners
- It doesn’t leave behind any unpleasant aftertaste
- It doesn’t cause any side-effects such as digestive issues
- It complements a host of healthy lifestyles such as keto and kosher
- It doesn’t contain any gluten
- You’ll require a significantly larger quantity of it as compared to sugar to sweeten food
- The large quantity requirement makes it an expensive buy
Xylear XyloSweet Sweetener
This non-GMO, keto-friendly sweetener is likely the most popular product we’ve reviewed on this list. If a large number of positive user testimonials are anything to go by, this sweetener is a great sugar alternative.
Sourced from plant fibers, this sweetener doesn’t contain any artificial additives. Users find that they’re able to achieve and maintain their ideal body weight with the help of this keto sweetener. It has approximately 40% fewer calories than regular sugar.
While cooking, you may use Xylosweet in the same quantity as sugar to have your recipes taste the same. Those experimenting with keto-friendly food have claimed that Xylosweet allows them to enjoy their favorite dishes without having to compromise their keto diet.
The fact that it can be used in the same quantity as sugar makes it very convenient to use while cooking. Moreover, it doesn’t leave you with any unpleasant, sour, or bitter aftertaste – unlike many artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial additives
- It has no particular aftertaste
- It’s commonly used as an alternative to baking sugar
- It’s safe for those with diabetes as it has a glycemic index of 7
- It contains nearly half the calories of regular sugar
- It can cause minor digestive issues among first-time users
Health Garden Monk Fruit Sugar Substitute Sweetener
This monk fruit sweetener also contains erythritol and is especially useful for baking and cooking keto meals. This sweetener goes easy on your metabolic and digestive system with its all-natural ingredients.
This kosher, gluten-free, and keto-friendly formula tastes great and doesn’t contain any harmful artificial additives. Those who use this keto sweetener regularly in place of sugar are sure to find significant improvements in their overall health. Moreover, it can be used in the same quantity as sugar to achieve the same amount of sweetness.
It has a glycemic response of zero, which makes it the ideal sweetener for diabetics. Another great feature of this sweetener is that it doesn’t damage your teeth. Therefore, it’s ideal for children as well.
- It’s a 100% natural formula that helps users lose weight and stay healthy
- It doesn’t contain any traces of synthesized or harmful additives
- It’s rich in antioxidants and various natural nutrients
- It’s ideal for those following both keto and gluten-free diets
- It can be used in the same quantity as sugar while cooking or baking
- It has a subtle but unpleasant aftertaste that requires some getting used to
- It’s quite costly
All in all, using keto sweeteners is an ideal solution for all those following a keto diet that has regular sugar cravings. Not only are these perfect for cooking and baking, but they’re great for everyday use as well to sweeten beverages, etc.
All of the brands we’ve reviewed for you above are tried and tested and have proven themselves to be up to the task of replicating the taste of sugar effectively. Now all you need to do is take your pick among them and make them a part of your keto journey.